Monday, January 19, 2009

We can't change the world, unless we change ourselves...

I had pleasure of seeing NOTORIOUS last night and I would first and foremost like to say I LOVED IT... As you all know I love to watch films for more than just seeing a new project but as an actress I get a chance to view other thespians and actually learn some of their techniques. So here's my take on what each actor brought to the screen...


Jamal "Gravy" Woolard who plays Christopher "Biggie" Wallace did an amazing job this rapper turned actor, has truly proven himself ready for the big screen. He allowed us to once again open our hearts, eyes and ears to the Notorious BIG. I think I have a thing for BIG BOYS now : )...

"Derek Luke" who plays Sean Puffy Combs made me eat my words, when I first found out that he was casted for the role I just knew that he wouldn't be able to play Puff. But Derek look mastered this role he is an incredible actor and I respect his work 110% in this project.

Angela Bassett who play Ms. Voletta Wallace continues on her path to success she is phenomenal and what she does and that did not start or end with this project. After seeing the film it makes you realize that there is no pain like a mothers pain.

Anthony Mackie who plays TuPac Shakur Anthony has proven himself to be a great actor but I must admit he has fallen short of what I wanted to see. I wasn't impressed with his performance at all...



As we all know Lil Kim was not an active part of this production and she is also not pleased with the way she was portrayed in this film, for starters I feel Naturi Naughton formerly of 3LW did the best she could do with the role. I do feel where Kim is coming from a true bond between her and BIG was not displayed it was purely sexual. Though I feel this project is about BIG, I understand Kim's position each and everyone who BIG ever loved was an active part of this production. From his son to his mother, from faith to Puff, from Cease to D-Roc why not Just include her.

Overall the project was a success I hope we continue to support it especially within these last few days of its opening week, lets try to put BIG where he belongs in that number 1 spot...

Leah Janell: In My Shoes

4 comments:

dee. said...

I totally agree. the movie was great. I just hated that everytime they showed Kim she was being mistreated.

*No dream is too big. The Sky Is the Limit.*
=]

Leah Janell said...

Yeah they kinda sorts played Kim out but hey her lyrics are nothing short of what was displayed in the film...

WHY IZ H said...

I DEF AGREE THEIR RELATIOSHIP WAS SEXUAL BUT I THINK THAT BIG LOVED KIM. SLO WHAT WAS DEEP IS THAT FAITH NEVA SAID ANYTING TO KIM @ ALL ABOUT THEIR RELATIONSHIP

Leah Janell said...

For some reason I feel like they made faith this Angel they put her in a light where she was swept off her feet, fell in love, dealt with his bull and finally gracefully walked away. I just dont buy it trust me faith had her run ins with Kim and with Charlie B.

Follow me on Follow me on Twitter Check me out on Check me up on Myspace