Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ASK LEAH JANELL

Here's another Ask Leah Janell from a young lady out of Brooklyn...

Hey Lady, I've been dealing with an issue for a while and I just wanted to get your opinion. I am one of the youngest people in my office and I am the only African American. My days are often so hectic that I have to have my lunch delivered into the office and I eat at my desk. I know this may sound crazy but do you think it is OK for me as an African American to eat Fried Chicken at my desk and furthermore do you think my co-workers will judge me.

While this is extremely comical its a pretty interesting question. For me I would say everyone loves chicken and no one should have to watch what they eat around their co workers especially in the middle of a hectic day. Here's my suggestion order some chicken that smells great that will even make their mouths water, and get boneless chicken that way you can use a fork and not have to lick your fingers. My bets are someone will most likely ask you where did you order from instead of judging the fact that your young, black and eating chicken. Best of Luck Lady

So whats your take?

Leah Janell: In My Shoes

2 comments:

S M said...

I can totally relate to this question! As the only black woman in my office and a huge fan of Popeyes and KFC, I'm often torn on whether or not I should get a quick KFC meal for lunch or just save my craving for the weekend...Glad to hear your take on this!

Leah Janell said...

LOL WEEKENDS MAY BE BEST LADY... KFC & POPEYES ARE A BIT MUCH... THE WHOLE BUCKET THING AND ALL LOL...

Follow me on Follow me on Twitter Check me out on Check me up on Myspace