Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lets Eat in Dumbo...

If you all haven't figured it out by now I'm single, I wouldn't say that I am LOOKING for a man to but I would say that I am peaking every time MR. TALL DARK AND HANDSOME comes around the corner... At any rate my doors are open, so I went on a date this week. Yes a date lol who still uses that term... The gentlemen was a college friend and seeing as how college was just a few months ago lol wink wink, I was certainly comfortable. He asked where I wanted to go on this Monday night so I called Sam and asked for a restaurant that was close to home, inexpensive, and served good Food. She encouraged me to go to the DUMBO section of Brooklyn (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) to a cool spot called Five Front. As my date and I pulled up in Dumbo we noticed that Five Front was not open. Slightly annoyed I chose to go next store to No. 1 Front Street a Restaurant named TORO.
The restaurant was pretty empty the atmosphere was nice and cozy we sat down to order... I was so excited to be reunited with my famous Drango roll that I have only ate while living in LA, for my entree I order the Chilean Seabass...

The Dragon Roll

Positives For TORO
Dragon Roll was amazing
Chilean Seabass was great

Negatives for Toro
The Liquor storage room was closed so alcohol was limited
Im not sure how I felt about the imitation version of the "TAO" Buddah

TORO TAO


Needless to say, I'm still peaking every time MR. TALL DARK AND HANDSOME comes around the corner...

Leah Janell: In My Shoes

6 comments:

S M said...

Okay...I get the whole creative license thing BUT if we're talking about the same person here - he's neither Tall, Dark, nor ... :)

Just kidding...Anywho...lets hit up Toro so I can try this dragon roll. This make you 0 for 2! I have yet to have brunch at Melt!

dee. said...

hey ladies, I'd love to eat at Toro as well. =]
love you lady.

Leah Janell said...

OMG lets make it happen I love Drangon Rolls, didn't you try mines when you came to L.A. and Diani I doubt I took and Charm. for Sushi when ya'll came to L.A. but yes lets go!!! Saturday morning we will do Melt I believe Jen will be in town as well she will join us...

Oh and your right dude is med. height, light brown and just OK he wouldnt make my Top 5 list...

LOL CREATIVE LICENSE "SCREW YOU"

dee. said...

sounds like a plan.
=]

WHY IZ H said...

HOW WAS THE DATE AND?? ewww FOR DRAGON ROLLS LAST TIME I HAD THAT I HAD THE RUNZ ALL NIGHT BUT THAT IS A NICE SPOT!!!

Leah Janell said...

The date was cool I took it as old friends just catching up nothing more nothing less... Avocado's are my favorite so I loooovvvveeee Dragon Rolls...

Follow me on Follow me on Twitter Check me out on Check me up on Myspace