Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CADILLAC RECORDS

Over the weekend Shyah, Jen and I had the pleasure of going to see the newly released film CADILLAC RECORDS. Before seeing the film I had heard so many different reviews about it. People all over were raving about how great Beyonce's acting skills were and how she did an amazing job playing Ms. Etta James.

As an actress its hard for me to appreciate Beyonce as an actress. I love to see new faces getting work, not singers becoming actresses, but after seeing this film I must agree that Beyonce might almost be there. I mean she has not reached Oscar winning status yet but she has truly grown as an actress and her work was greatly appreciated. Besides Beyonce I felt like Columbus Short had his break through performance as well, Columbus did an amazing transition from his debut as DJ in STOMP THE YARD. He was Hilarious, and Passionate Columbus was to Cadillac Records what Eddie Murphy was to Dream Girls, so for that I think he deserves an Oscar Nomination for best Supporting Actor.

The only negative review I have about this film is for the Beyonce fans out there, she is not introduced until late in the film, so late that my sister THANKED HER FOR JOINING US when she made her appearance LOL....

Leah Janell: In My Shoes

2 comments:

WHY IZ H said...

I HAVENT SEEN IT I HEARD IT WAS WEAK. QUESTION DO YOU THINK T.D JAKES NEW MOVIE IS GOING TO BE GOOD????

Leah Janell said...

I LOVE TO SUPPORT BLACK PROJECTS BUT IM OVER MORIS CHESTNUT PLAYING THE GOOD GUY, NAH I WILL WAIT FOR THAT ONE TO COME ON DVD...

Follow me on Follow me on Twitter Check me out on Check me up on Myspace