Monday, November 3, 2008

To be WITH or to be WITHOUT.

There are a few things that Ms. Leah Janell can not live without, Nail Polish, The NBA Play offs, Jay- Zs Reasonable Doubt and Mozzarella Cheese... But just imagine having a partner in crime that without them your existence would be bleak, kind of like Tom without Jerry, Fred without Barney or Thelma without Louise...

Here's a few pairs that I question what would it be like if they stood apart.

Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union
While most may think that this new hot item makes a cute couple, I find something sexy about the man who stays with the mother of his child, the female who was there before the money and the fame, that good Ole ride or die chick. D-Wade some how lost his swag when he signed those divorce papers. I believe in MARRIAGE but I don't believe in DIVORCE, and I think good Ole Gabbey new exactly what she was doing when she snagged this one. Still I feel that D-Wade is better off WITHOUT  Ms. Union and I would kindly urge him to go HOME to his wife... Through Sickness and health FOR RICHER OR POORER...

Vanessa & Angela Simmons
These two cute sisters have some how become apart of house holds all over America, The pair share a business venture that has little girls around the world raving. There family proves that African American families like the Huxtables do exist. But with all the great things these girls have brewing they are just that, "a pair" there is no Angela without Vanessa. I have a sister whom of which I am extremely close too but when my Alma mater Lincoln University offered her a Scholarship she turned it down and paved her way through Howard University to be known as Shyah Dickerson and not Leah's little sister. There's just something sexy about creating your own lane and staying in it. Unfortunately I don't see these two successfully creating their own lanes Angela & Vanessa are better off WITH each other. 

Malinda & D Nice
After a bitter divorce with actor Mehki Phifer, actress Melinda Williams (a single mother) managed to balance out a successful career and find true love. While everyone wants to be a POWER COUPLE, Melinda and Derrick D-Nice, yes D-NICE of Boggie Down Production : ) prove that there is power in LOVE... The pair have known each other since they were 18 years old and I think these two are better WITH each other...

The Big three & The Boston Celtics
Did I fail to mention that the way to my heart is through my stomach, but if you want a faster route sunflowers, a care bear and a court side seat to an NBA game will do. That's why I know the Boston Celtics are nothing without the BIG THREE. Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and my personal favorite Ray Allen, prove that their amazing talent can bring the Celtics back to the days of Larry Bird... The Boston Celtics are better WITH the big three...


Michelle & Barack Obama
There is a saying that beside every strong man there's a Phenomenal Woman and that woman is she "Our First Lady Michelle Obama. While this past year may have felt like a public separation Michelle has supported her husband all the way to Victory. The pair are the Epitome of BLACK LOVE, it's without a doubt that Michelle and Barack are better WITH each other... 


Leah Janell: In my shoe's




3 comments:

S. said...

interesting piece...

We're more like Debbie Allen and Phylicia Rashad... two seperate powerhouses that are completely unstoppable when joined together. Two is better than one wouldn't you say? :)

Love ya

The Socialite said...

Debbie and Phylicia were a great comparison. I think I agree that yall are! Good post.

Leah Janell said...

LOL, YOU LADIES ARE EXACTLY RIGHT DEBBIE AND PHYLICIA WERE A GREAT PAIR, DIDNT THINK TO MENTION THOSE TWO THANKS FOR THE COMPARISON....

Follow me on Follow me on Twitter Check me out on Check me up on Myspace